Contact the Attorney General's Office

Contact Us

Voice your questions or concerns!

Sign up for Consumer Alerts

Stay informed on the latest consumer scams.

Attorney General Newsletter

Get updates on the Nebraska Attorney General's Office.

How Do I File a Consumer Complaint?

If you have a problem with goods or services you have purchased, you may contact our office for information about your rights, options and responsibilities as a consumer.

Need to File a Complaint?

You may file a complaint in one of two ways:

1) Call the Consumer Protection Division and request that a complaint form be sent to you, fill out the form and return it to our office.
2) Access the complaint forms below and either fill them out online and send via email, or print out the form in a pdf and mail it in.

To file a complaint about a business transaction:

Consumer Complaint Form  (Consumer Complaint Form En Español)

To file a complaint about an issue not-related to a business transaction:

Constituent Complaint Form

To file a complaint concerning online behavior:

Internet Crimes Complaint Form

To file a complaint regarding the Do Not Call List:

Do Not Call List Complaint Form

To file a complaint regarding the One-Call notification hotline:

One-Call Notification Complaint Form

To file a complaint regarding the abuse or misuse of Medicaid:

Medicaid Fraud Control Unit Complaint Form

To file a complaint regarding Charitable Nonprofit and Charitable Trust:

Charitable Nonprofit and Charitable Trust Complaint Form

Forms require Acrobat Reader. Download the latest version of Acrobat Reader ®.

Please note all printed forms must be mailed to the following address:

Office of the Attorney General
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509

After your completed complaint form is received, it will be reviewed to ensure your complaint falls within our jurisdiction. If your complaint is under the jurisdiction of another state or federal agency, it will be forwarded to that agency for you. You will be contacted by our office either via telephones or in writing to confirm we have received your complaint. If you have questions about these processes feel free to contact us.

Consumer Mediation Process

Complaint mediation is a service provided by our office to Nebraska consumers. Disputes can often be resolved as a result of the mediation process. However, mediation should not be confused with arbitration.

To resolve differences mediation relies on the voluntary cooperation of both the business and the consumer. The mediater acts as a "go between" for the consumer and the business. To begin the process, the mediator forwards the consumer's written complaint to the business and requests a response from the business.

If the parties do not reach a resolution, they have the option of litigation. Upon that time, the consumer may need to hire a private attorney.

Again - all complaints must be reviewed to determine proper jurisdiction. If your compalint is under the jurisdiction of another state or federal agency, it will be forwarded to the appropriate agency and you will be notified.